Software Engineer (Fairfax, VA)
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team at our Fairfax, VA office.
About this Position:
- Design, develop and test Java application code with knowledge of other languages (see below)
- Write technical reports, specifications and proposals
- Communicate with customers on technical requirements and scope
- Understanding of the full software life cycle development process
- Research and develop a new concepts for integration into existing products and process
- Bachelors' degree in Software Engineering or related field
- 3+ years related experience
- Strong Java programming skills
- Strong software system development skills
- Strong math and algorithm development skills
- Ability to work in Windows and UNIX/Linux environments
- Good interpersonal working skills in a team development environment with the ability to work independently as well
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with other languages such as C/C++, C#, and Ada
- Experience with middle-ware architectures and implementations (such as DDS)
- Experience profiling and code-coverage applications
- Experience with scripting languages such as Java Script, Perl, Ruby, PHP, HTML, CSS and Python
- Experience with testing (plans, descriptions and reports) beyond the unit level
- Experience with test management tools
- Experience with the software build process and tools such as Maven, Ant and Eclipse
- Experience with configuration management tools such as SVN and Clearcase
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf.