Embedded Software Engineer
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team working at either our Fairfax, VA or our Concord, NH office.
About this Position:
- Design, implement, and test embedded software for ground, airborne and space flight systems
- Develop ground support equipment (GSE) software including real-time simulations
- Develop automated FSW acceptance test procedures using GSE and support testing
- Document development efforts through design documentation, ICDs, user manuals, and test plans
- Support payload integration testing and operations of embedded hardware running software in an electronic laboratory environment
- Bachelor of Science degree and 3-5 years of experience developing embedded software
- Full lifecycle embedded software development experience
- Experience with structured software design and development
- Strong grasp of real time programming concepts and design
- Proficient in C and/or C++
- Experience with embedded software design, software-hardware interaction with real-time operating systems, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures
- Experience with various interfaces (e.g., I2C, CAN, SPI, UART, TCP/IP, PCIe, PCI, VMEbus, VPX/OpenVPX)
- Experience with open-source environments and development tools (e.g., GNU cross-compiler toolchains and IDEs)
- Debugging experience with tools such as JTAG and oscilloscopes.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle using a well-defined software development process (e.g., waterfall, spiral, agile, etc.)
- Experience with software revision control systems (e.g., SVN, GIT, etc.)
- Experience with software issue tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla, Trac, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to receive security clearance
- Experience with embedded Linux development
- Experience with Linux kernel module and driver development
- Experience with bringing up various hardware platforms with coding, debugging and testing of boot loader, OS and device drivers
- Experience with RTOS such as VxWorks, QNX, RTEMS, etc.
- Linux distro development experience with the Yocto Project
- Experience with SW analysis tools (e.g. Klockwork, PC-Lint, etc.)
- Strong understanding of microprocessor architectures
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf.