Software Engineer (Fairfax, VA)
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. This position will work from our Fairfax, VA office location.
About this Position:
The position will involve software development of Java applications in an agile environment. Software development will involve designing, coding, testing, documenting and integrating applications into existing systems to satisfy customer requirements and improve users’ experience.
- Analyze, design, develop, test and document Java application code with knowledge of other languages (see below)
- Understanding of the full software life cycle development process
- Research and develop new concepts for integration into existing products and process
- Disseminate highly technical data and information in simplistic language for end users of complex systems and projects.
- Bachelors' degree in Software Engineering or related field
- 3+ years related experience
- Strong Java programming skills
- Strong software system development skills
- Strong math and algorithm development skills
- Ability to work in Windows and UNIX/Linux environments
- Good interpersonal working skills in a team development environment with the ability to work independently as well
- Experience with other languages such as C/C++, C#, and Ada
- Experience with scripting languages such as Java Script, Perl, Ruby, PHP, HTML, CSS and Python
- Experience with middle-ware architectures and implementations such as DDS and CORBA
- Experience with profiling or code-coverage applications such as Jacoco and kCov
- Experience with developing test plans and reports at the integration and system levels
- Experience with continuous integration/automated testing
- Experience with the software build process and tools such as Maven, Ant and Eclipse
- Experience with configuration management tools such as SVN, Clearcase and Git
- Experience with integrating applications using REST services
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf.