DSP Firmware Engineer Mid-Level (Fairfax, VA)
Looking to get your foot in the door? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package.
We are seeking an DSP Firmware Engineer to join our team working at our Fairfax, VA office location. This is an entry-level position.
About this Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated DSP/Firmware Engineer for our Fairfax, VA location. In this role you will play a critical role in the development of Trident’s multi-function RF payloads for air, space, ground, and sea applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Algorithms, their implementation in FPGAs, and experience with embedded hardware, as part of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team. This role will also support integration, test, and verification of these algorithms in the final products. Are you a motivated self-starter with these skills, looking to seize a world of opportunity and grow professionally at the same time? If so- we encourage you to apply!
- Perform design trades at the firmware level to support customer requirements.
- Write algorithms in hardware descriptor languages, based on requirements and then implement in Matlab or other simulation languages
- Implement complex digital signal processing algorithms on FPGAs for Trident Multi-Function payloads.
- Work with cross functional design team to design, develop and test new embedded hardware; support and enhance existing embedded hardware
- Support system integration and test activities for multi-function transceiver payloads.
- Support internal and external design reviews as part of a large systems engineering team interacting with program management, test engineers and senior technologists.
- MS or BS in computer/electrical engineering + 2 years’ minimum experience (2 -5 desired) with a focus on embedded DSP modeling, implementation, debug and verification.
- Ability to be granted a security clearance
- Demonstratable experience in digital communication theory and systems and the ability to apply theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems
- Proficient in signal processing concepts such as FFTs, digital filters, digital modulation, adaptive processing and others related to multi-function RF systems.
- 2+ years of experience with simulating DSP models in Matlab and then implementing models in HDL
- 2+ years of experience with Xilinx-family FPGA development in HDL (e.g. Verilog, VHDL) and HDL simulation/verification tools (Riviera-PRO, Chip Scope, ISE, Vivado)
- 1+ years of experience with the hardware engineering process, standards, and product configuration management tools such as Subversion.
- Experience with hardware integration, test and debug tools (logic analyzers, scopes, emulators) and board bring-up/verification in an electronic lab environment
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and ability to be a strong team player
- Experience implementing radar-specific processing algorithms in FPGAs highly desired
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ architecture and soft processors embedded within FPGAs
- Experience with writing test software in C/C++ or assembly language to test hardware
- Familiarity with full life-cycle high-speed (> 1 GHz) mixed-signal circuit card design
- Experience with performance characteristics of analog data converters (ADC/DAC)
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf