DSP Firmware Engineer
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package
We are seeking a DSP Firmware Engineer to join our team working at our Concord, NH office.
About this Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated DSP/Firmware Engineer for our Concord, NH location. In this role you will play a critical role in the development of Trident’s multi-function RF payloads for air, space, ground, and sea applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Algorithms and their implementation in MATALB and FPGAs as part of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team. This role will also support integration, test, and verification of these algorithms in the final products. Are you a motivated self-starter with these skills, looking to seize a world of opportunity and grow professionally at the same time? If so- we encourage you to apply!
- Implement complex digital signal processing algorithms on FPGAs for Trident Multi-Function RF products
- Write algorithms in hardware descriptor languages, based on requirements, implementing for multi-function RF Matlab and other simulation languages
- Work with cross functional design team to design, develop and test new embedded hardware; support and enhance existing embedded hardware
- Support interfacing disciplines such as mechanical, RF, software, integration & test, and project management
- MS or BS in computer/electrical engineering with a focus on embedded DSP modeling and implementation.
- Experience with Xilinx-family FPGA development in HDL (e.g. Verilog, VHDL), simulation/verification tools (Riviera-PRO, Chip Scope), and translating models from Matlab to HDL.
- Proficient in signal processing concepts such as FFTs, digital filters, digital modulation, adaptive processing and others related to multi-function
- RF systems and their simulation in software (e.g. Matlab, Octave, R).
- Experience with the hardware engineering process, standards, and product configuration management tools such as Subversion.
- Experience with hardware integration, test and debug tools (logic analyzers, scopes, emulators) and board bring-up/verification in an electronic lab environment
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and ability to be a strong team player
- Experience implementing radar-specific processing algorithms in FPGAs highly desired Experience with Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ architecture and soft processors embedded within FPGAs
- Experience with writing test software in C/C++ or assembly language to test hardware
- Familiarity with full life-cycle high-speed (> 1 GHz) mixed-signal circuit card design
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf.