Electronics Laboratory Technician (Fairfax, VA)
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package.
We are seeking a part time variable work schedule Electronics Laboratory Technician to join our team working at our Fairfax, VA office.
Support Engineering Groups by kiting, building, assembling, soldering, and reworking printed circuit board assemblies, and cable assemblies. Support the Lab in the function of organizing, cleaning, and auditing.
- Ability to follow work orders, production drawings, sample assemblies and verbal instructions.
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics, engineer drawings, specifications, manuals, and plans.
- Perform wiring harness and cable assembly, performing continuity checks on the final assemblies.
- Performs work (soldering, circuit modification, and general inspection) under a microscope.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability follow written instructions, document work performed, and follow up with engineers and management as required.
- Proficient in the use of small hand tools (tweezers, pliers, screwdrivers).
- Assemble prototype circuitry to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components, problem solving as required.
- Assist in the organization, maintenance, and daily operation of an electronics laboratory
- Candidate must have a willingness to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively, independently and with others, ensuring timely completion of assignments and meeting established quality standards.
- A successful candidate will be able to show a history of ownership, initiative, and the ability to stay organized in a multitasking environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact in a professional manner with senior level managers and teammates during periods of high stress and tight deadlines.
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet computer skills using MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and accuracy skills required
- Candidate must be able to productively interact with internal vendors to identify and solve problems; identify risk situations and coordinate solutions with management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS or equivalent related work experience desired.
- 0-5 years of experience in electronic assembly, repair working in an electronics laboratory or assembly floor environment.
- Able to pass visual requirements per J-STD-001.
- Experience with electronics or cable assemblies preferred.
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf