Electronics Technician (Fairfax, VA)
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package.
We are seeking an Entry Level Electronics Technician to join our team working at our Fairfax, VA office location.
Support Engineering Groups by inspecting, kiting, assembling, soldering, and reworking printed circuit board assemblies, mechanical assemblies, and cable assemblies. Support the Lab in the function of organizing, cleaning, and auditing.
Familiarity with or the ability to learn the following:
- How to follow work orders, production drawings, sample assemblies and verbal instructions.
- How to read and interpret electrical schematics, engineer drawings, specifications, manuals, and plans.
- Perform wiring harness and cable assembly, performing continuity checks on the final assemblies.
- Perform work (soldering, circuit modification, and general inspection) under a microscope.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability follow written instructions, document work performed, and follow up with engineers and management as required.
- Ability to use small hand tools (tweezers, pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches).
- Assemble prototype circuitry to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components, problem solving as required.
- Assist in the organization, maintenance, and daily operation of an electronics laboratory.
- Candidate must have a willingness to perform other tasks as assigned.
- 0-2 years of experience in electronic assembly, repair working in an electronics laboratory or assembly floor environment.
- Able to pass visual requirements per J-STD-001.
- Experience with electronics, assembly, testing, troubleshooting preferred.
- Must have a willingness to learn and grow in the engineering field.
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf