Embedded Hardware Engineer (Concord, NH)
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package
We are seeking an Embedded Hardware Engineer to join our team working out of our Concord, NH office.
About this Position:
- Work with cross functional design team to design, develop and test new embedded hardware; support and enhance existing embedded hardware primarily at the PCB/PCA level.
- Support interfacing disciplines such as mechanical, RF, software, integration & test, and project management
- Complete full life-cycle design in one or more areas related to embedded hardware/electronics design such as:
o FPGA/signal processing cards with tightly coupled memory interfaces
o High-speed (Gsps) data capture and conversion (ADC/DAC) cards
o High-speed (> 1 GHz) interconnect (backplane) cards
o High-speed (> 1 GHz) clock distribution and synchronization
- Bachelor of Science degree and 5-7 years of experience with embedded hardware design
- Experience in all aspects of the hardware development process, including requirements specification, characterization, simulation, high-speed digital design, signal processing, schematic capture, layout, routing, testing, and integration.
- Demonstrated mixed-signal circuit card assembly development experience, from concept to delivery, utilizing High Density Interconnect (HDI) PCBs and high speed (> 1 GHz) components/circuits.
- Experience with circuit simulation, circuit analysis and signal integrity tools/techniques
- Experience (as applicable) with FPGA and microprocessor development including hardware descriptor languages (e.g. Verilog, VHDL)
- Experience with hardware integration, test and debug tools (logic analyzers, scopes, emulators)
- Knowledge of PCI, PCIe, cPCI, VME, and VPX standards (VITA 46 and VITA 65) and demonstrated experience implementing in embedded hardware
- Experience with Hardware engineering processes and standards, and product configuration management system
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills and ability to be a strong team player
- Ability to be granted a security clearance
- Experience with Xilinx family devices, including Zynq UltraScale+ architecture highly desired
- Experience with design for extremely demanding/rugged environments (e.g. high temp, shock/vibe, etc.)
- Experience with writing test software in C/C++ or assembly language to test hardware
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layouts using Altium design tools within IPC standards
- Familiarity with embedded Linux development
- Familiarity with Linux kernel module and driver development
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf.