Embedded Software Engineer (Fairfax, VA - Concord, NH)
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team working at either our Fairfax, VA or our Concord, NH office.
About this Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer for our Fairfax, VA location. In this position, you will play a critical role in the development of Trident’s multi-function RF payloads for air, space, ground, and sea applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in C programming, Linux platforms, and experience with embedded hardware, as part of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team. This role will also support integration, test, and verification of developed software and of Trident’s custom hardware products. Are you a motivated self-starter with these skills, looking to seize a world of opportunity and grow professionally at the same time? If so - we encourage you to apply!
- Design, develop, debug new software features for existing products and new applications
- Perform software development over the full software life cycle process across multiple projects
- Work independently or as part of a small team to complete assignments
- Work with cross functional design team to design, develop and test new embedded software/firmware/hardware; support and enhance existing embedded systems
- Support interfacing disciplines such as firmware, mechanical, RF, hardware, integration & test, and project management
- MS or BS in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing software applications in C/C++
- Experience developing software for embedded platforms
- Ability to work in Windows, Linux/UNIX environments
- Experience with software development processes, standards, and product configuration management tools such as Subversion
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and ability to be a strong team player
- Ability to be granted a security clearance
- Experience developing high-reliability software for low-power, embedded systems deployed in space/marine environments
- Experience with multiple programming language such as C#, Java, Python
- Experience developing for embedded operating systems such as VxWorks, QNX, ThreadX, embOS
- Experience using embedded Linux development tools such as Yocto
- Experience developing Linux kernel modules and device drivers
- Experience with hardware integration, test and debug tools (logic analyzers, scopes, emulators) and board bring-up/verification in an electronic lab environmen
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf