Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package.
We are seeking a Hardware Engineer to join our team working at our Fairfax, VA office.
About this Position:
The Hardware Engineer will perform hardware development for condition based maintenance (CBM), unattended ground sensor and integrated surveillance systems. This role will involve development of hardware to support custom processing platforms, sensor interconnects, cabling, and modifications to existing components. Hardware development will include signals processing, power management, PCB design, trade studies, and test/evaluation of electrical components. Regular tools will include Altium, bench-top electronic test equipment (scopes, multi-meters, power supplies), and custom test harnesses.
- Experience with circuit board layout and design
- Experience with cable electrical design
- Experience with bench top test tools for electrical validation
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layouts using Altium design tools within IPC standards
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player
- Experience with design for extremely demanding/rugged environments (e.g. high temp, shock/vibe, etc.)
- Experience with Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) and System-on-Module (SOM) integration
- Experience with hardware systems design a plus
- Experience with source control systems (e.g., SVN) a plus
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf.