Mechanical Engineer (Fairfax, VA)
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package.
About this Position:
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team working at our Fairfax, VA office location.
- Perform mechanical component design and documentation with a focus on electronic assemblies.
- Perform thermal analysis and structural analysis.
- Contribute to the design and analysis of complex electronic systems into ground, air, and space platforms.
- Apply basic principles, theories, concepts within the mechanical engineering field and working knowledge of related disciplines.
- Contribute to all aspects of the engineering process, from design through field testing to product development.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in mechanical design and analysis
- Proficiency with Solidworks CAD
- Understanding of structural and thermal FEA / FEM
- Ability to obtain, and maintain, a DoD security clearance
- Wide-breadth of experience in mechanical design, from design through analysis to fabrication and integration
- Knowledge of heat transfer and structural mechanics
- Experience conducting thermal and structural FEA / FEM studies in either SolidWorks or ANSYS
- Experience with configuration management / version-control tools (PDM, Windchill, GrabCAD, etc).
- Understanding of design for manufacture and design for assembly (DFM / DFA)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with a willingness to write technical documentation.
- Self-starter and able to manage personal workload to meet assigned deadlines.
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf.