Finance Analyst (Fairfax, VA)
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package
We are seeking a Finance Analyst to join our team working at our Fairfax, VA office
About this Position:
Provide support to finance, project and accounting functions in accordance with government regulations, contractual requirements, and GAAP. Individual will be responsible for the calculation, review, and analysis of project revenues and unbilled receivables. Individual will serve as a resource to all Trident groups regarding financial project analysis. Individual will support the annual budgeting process and periodic reporting of budget expenditures. Individual will support internal and external financial reporting as well as audits and reviews, particularly DCAA and DCMA.
- Perform period close revenue recognition calculations and provide analysis in accordance with contract and GAAP requirements.
- Analyze and reconcile contract profitability, invoicing, and receivables for period close.
- Interface routinely with Accounting Staff, Contracts, Human Resources, and Project Managers as well as external customers and regulatory agencies in the areas of Project Accounting and Financial Analysis.
- Provide recommendations to Project Managers and Corporate Directors based on interpretation of financial and project data.
- Responsible for the buildup of period close indirect rates, including cost review to budgets and generation of budget expenditure reports in accordance.
- Preparation of annual DCAA ICS
- Backup contract invoicing as well as other accounting functions, as needed
- Bachelors’ degree in in accounting or finance.
- 3-7 years solid progressive accounting and finance experience.
- Working knowledge of CPFF, FFP, FFP:LOE, T&M, IDIQ contract types.
- Working knowledge of FAR, JTR, DCAA Audit Guidelines and GAAP.
- Experience with government invoicing platforms a plus (WAWF, IPP).
- Navision experience a plus.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong presentation skills, attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and self-prioritize.
- Proven track record of handling confidential information with discretion.
- Proven record of working well in a team environment.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf.