Quality Assurance Specialist (Fairfax, VA)
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team working at our Fairfax, VA office location.
About this Position:
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist who will ensure our products and services meet the expectation of the customer and the company. In this position, you will oversee production staff and developmental programs. You must be organized, detail-oriented, and have a strong background in management and quality assessment and assurance. Ensure all personnel follow the QMS.
- Ensure all products consistently meet and pass set quality standards
- Responsible for Nonconformance Program
- Responsible for Configuration Management Program
- Monitor Supply Chain Management for effectiveness and the goal of zero defects
- Create and implement changes to improve current processes and reduce costs
- Follow products through entirety of process to ensure each step is completed correctly before final inspection
- Perform detailed inspections of final products and confirm they are up to standard
- Monitor production and quality processes and troubleshoot any errors
- Educate staff in proper disposal of items not suitable for use
- Research and gather client and customer feedback for ways to improve products
- Communicate with supplies and vendors
- Collaborate with management and line production staff to achieve most efficient and accurate quality assessments
- Tract, record, and maintain quality assurance data
- Present progress reports to upper management
- Follow and adhere to all state, federal, and company enforced safety rules and regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times for you and your staff
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering related field, or equivalent from an accredited college or university preferred.
- A total of at least three (3) years of experience in Configuration Management/Data Management and lifecycle sustainment planning.
- Experience in electronic product development preferred
- Experience in government contracting and compliance preferred
- Experience in developing and maintaining process workflows within Product Data Management (PDM) tools.
- Experience with SolidWorks Product Data Management Professional (PDMP) strongly preferred.
- Experience with quality inspection, auditing and testing and documentation.
- Experience with development and maintenance of policy and procedure documentation.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and AS9100 quality management.
- The ability to obtain a government security clearance.
- Solid interpersonal working skills in a team development environment with the ability to work independently as well.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint preferred.
- Familiarity with other Product Data Management (PDM) tools such as Windchill and/or SAP preferred
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf