Technical Writer (Fairfax, VA)
Do you want to lead part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense while implementing cutting-edge aerospace RF payload solutions? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference in the world we live in today. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, agile, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our team working at our Fairfax, VA office.
About this Position:
The Technical Writer will support development of technical documentation of multiple integrated system suites supporting surveillance and security using external system sensors. Documentation will include system design documents, manuals, guides and training information to allow system operators and maintainers to effectively operate and sustain the system.
- The primary responsibility for this role will be the development of documentation for an integrated system supporting surveillance and security. Documentation tasks will come in the form of system design documents, configuration drawings, operator’s guides, maintenance and training manuals and system administrator manuals. Develop and maintain a documentation plan to update, replace or acquire outdated and or missing documents required to sustain the software baseline.
- Support development of documentation for integrated system suites supporting surveillance and security.
- Develop system design documents, configuration drawings, operator’s guides, maintenance and training manuals and system administrator manuals.
- Develop and maintain a documentation plan to update, replace or acquire outdated and or missing documents required to sustain the software baseline.
- Work with development, quality assurance, integration and management staff to clarify, edit, coordinate inputs, and compile a solid documentation set for operation and maintenance of an integrated system.
- Disseminate highly technical data and information in simplistic language for end users of complex systems and projects.
- Research, analyze, and convert data into a written narrative.
- Review and revise existing documentation to ensure meets evolving requirements.
- Establish and enforce the use of standard formats & styles for technical documentation.
- Work under the direction of the Engineering Group Director and Project Manager.
- Work as part of a fast-paced team.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering related field, communications or English
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the tech sector
- Strong skills in Word 2007 or later
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Experience compiling technical documentation, such as user manuals, installation guides, software documentation, design documents and training guides.
- Good interpersonal working skills in a team development environment with the ability to work independently as well
- Experience with interacting with software engineers and management personnel to identify documentation needs.
- The ability to obtain a government security clearance.
- Experience documenting large integrated hardware/software architectures
- Proven history of working independently to develop documentation and conduct the research needed to ensure the documentation’s accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf.