Sr. Software Engineer (Fairfax, VA)
Do you want to be a part of a team that contributes to our nation’s defense? At Trident Systems you could be a part of a team delivering world-class technology solutions that make a difference. Trident Systems is the way ahead in global aerospace and defense technology. We have customers in both federal and commercial markets around the world and provide leading-edge technology solutions in some of the most demanding environments. Trident offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment with an exceptional compensation package.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team working at our Fairfax, VA office.
About this Position:
The Sr. Software Engineer will perform software design development for condition based maintenance projects and support other internal software development efforts. This role will involve design and development of software to support data manipulation and storage, translation, sensor data capture and transmission, export of data to different platforms, conversion to standardized messaging formats, as well as graphical user interface design. Software development will include interaction between processors and external devices as well as network interaction. Development will involve Java, C/C++, Linux, Windows, and Android programming, with the ability to integrate with external software and interfaces.
- Design, implement, and test custom software for condition-based maintenance and other internal projects.
- Develop user interfaces for interaction with software and hardware components.
- Implement algorithms in software for data manipulation and presentation.
- Develop software to work in conjunction with external and embedded hardware/software.
- Document development effort through design documentation, ICDs, user manuals, and test plans.
- Support technical test and demonstration events.
- Work under the direction of the Engineering Group Director and Project Manager.
- Work as part of a fast-paced team.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- 8+ years progressive software development experience.
- Proficient in C and/or C++ programming.
- Proficient in Java.
- Experience with open-source environments and development tools (e.g., GNU cross-compiler toolchains and IDEs)
- Experience with the software development lifecycle using a well-defined software development process (e.g., waterfall, spiral, agile, etc.)
- Experience with software revision control systems (e.g., SVN, GIT, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong team player.
- Experience with requirements gathering and use case development.
- Experience with Android development.
- Experience with hardware systems design.
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS, JAMA, MKS, etc.)
- Strong Understanding of microprocessor architectures.
The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance. US Citizenship Required.
Do you want to work for a team that appreciates originality, creativity, and innovation?
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, national origin, color, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Trident Systems Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Trident Systems has a desire for priority referrals of protected Veterans. http://www.tridsys.com/pdfs/eeo-post.pdf.